You can serve the fam something quick to make, hearty and low on carbs while still being a home-cooked meal. ON A WEEKDAY.
This is my go-to meal plan 3/5 nights a week: Protein + Veggies
It’s simple, yet filling and you feel better afterwards than when you carb load.
- Chop up veggies – I use my onion dicer and it literally takes me 30-45 seconds depending on how many veggies I have that night.
- Drizzle veggies with olive oil and season to taste.
- Pick protein for the meal, season to taste and place on olive oil spritzed cookie sheet.
- Spread veggies around protein.
- Bake at 350° for however long it takes to cook. You’re an adult. You don’t need recipes.
Tips & Tricks:
- Many stores sell pre-seasoned protein which will save you even more time. I would do my research if you are watching your sodium, however.
- There are several kitchen tools that will cut your prep time in half. I use a mandolin slicer all the time as well as my onion dicer.
- As soon as you throw that pan in the oven, do your dishes. Get yourself back to having a clean sink immediately.